Our teacher, Pato Chujman, gave us an assignment to do in pair, in threes, in fours, etc. I did this assignment with Margui Muller, Milagros Mendez and Federika Marty.
The poems we’ve read up to now are:
- The Clod and The Pebble
- Love III
- Lover’s Infiniteness
Answer these questions about all of those poems:
- What is «Love» for each of the voices in the poems.
- Which poems deal with «earthly love»? Explain.
- Which poems deal with «spiritual love»? Explain
- Wich is your favourite poem? Why?
- Which is your favourite quote? Why?
- In The Clod and The Pebble, there are 2 points of view about love, one is expressed by the Clod as a young, unselfish, happy and unexpirienced love. And the other is expressed by the Pebble as a selfish, unhappy, experienced and old love. In Love III the love is a religious love, because God accepts the voice/speaker, as who he is it does not matter if her has sined or not. In Passion love is nature because she is inmortal and will never fail on her. In Lovers’ Infiniteness love is showed as an «all», but as a fact «all» does not exist because the love keeps on growing and as it keeps on growing or vanishing, it is not all.
- The poems that deal with «earthly love» are the Clod and the pebble and Passion. Because they are both personifications
- Love III because God loves him no matter if he’s sined or not. And is something that the voice believes, no one forces him to believe it. Lovers’ Infiniteness also because by marriage they willl have eternal love, Divine Love
- Passion because I myself am really connected to nature.
- «Burned with the holy fire of Passion» (quotation on «Passion»)
En clase de Historia, nuestra maestra. Maria Marta Echazu, nos pidió que hicieramos una presentacion sobre diferentes partes de nuestro libro de Historia. Nos dividimos en grupos de a 2 y separamos por filas de banco los capitulos por leer. Con la infromación que leímos realizamos nuestras presentaciones. Yo realize sola la actividad.
Esta es la presentación final:
With our languaje teacher, Maria Laura Segato, we started learning some vocabulary, new words, and after looking up for definitions and looking for examples of the words we searched for images and created an exercise for our classmates, finally we created another activity with movie segments. I did this assignment with Juana Perez Muniz. And here is our work. Hope You LIke It 😉
Definitions, Examples, Pics
Words and images:
whip it off:
(couldn’t find a picture)
(couldn’t find a picture)
1. summarize the first stanza in your own words.
The first stanza is about a person that wants to have all the love from his beloved. It also is about , that his beloved loves him only a bit, but he wanted all her love, becaise he does love her.
2. Find an example of HYPERBATON.
An example of Hyperbaton is «If yet i have not all thy love».
3. Find words in connection to business. What is love for the speaker?
Treasure/Purchase/Bargain. Love is something you can by.
4. What’s «all» for the voice?
All is love
1. Summarize stanza 2
This stanza is about the seme man who believes that the love of his beloved has grow and he is questioning who is she going to give the love to, to him or to other men.
2. «other men» explain.
By other men he means that the love of her beloved can go to others.
3. «Outbid me» explain.
Outbid: offer to pay a hire price to win something
So the «other men» are offering better things to win the love of the voice’s beloved.
4. Explain the last two lines.
The last two lines show us that he is jealous and he wants all the new love to himsef.
5. What metaphor does he use now?
Now he compares love to nature because love can grow.