Today, some US students from San Diego came to our school. We had an exchange of culture and candies.
Weare not so different. We play the same sports and we know the same tv programs! ey went to see a soccer match to River Plate Stad
On the other hand, we did have differences. They can drive at the age of 15! They can’t go out for lunch, they have stay at their school, and the eat at mid-day and also at night very early.
Finally we wanted to comment that this exchange was really good for us in terms of doing things at school instead of having regular ours because its fun, sharing candy or food and get to know each other and also learning about each others cultures.
In Writing and Oral for the closure of our term test, we has to create a booktube on our lending library.
This is the booktube I created:
Reviews I found:
Mariana Maidou: Donna Leon is not an Agatha Christi’s style writer. You won’t find an explanation at the end by the great detective to the crowd of innocents and guilties. It has got allusive style.
Pat Hansbury: I’ve read at least a half dozen of her books. They are so specific to Venice – naming restaurants, streets, vaporetti, etc. If you know the city, you can picture exactly where he is. The main character of her books is not Brunetti, but Venice itself.
Katy: I have now read six of these mysteries. They are among the finest mystery novels I have ever read, sparkling with intelligence as well as a sensitive understanding of human nature.
Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted:
Summary: Ronald Lee Haskell, 33 was accused of murdering six members of his former’s wife family. His public defender, said he had been in and out of hospitals in Utah and California with a history of mental illness and that he was not taking prescribed medication at the time of the killings. Only one girl survived, Cassidy, she survived a gunshot to the head.
gunshot: the bulletes fired from a gun.
attire: the clothes that someone is wearing in this case jail clothes.
Prosecutor: a lawyer whose job is to prove in court that someone accused of a crime is guilty.
In our history class, Lenny left an assignment in her blog. We had to:
Watch the video and answer the following questions:
( https://youtu.be/op-dD3oUMh0 )
- WHAT WAS THE ITALIAN EMPIRE LIKE BY 1930? The Italian Empire in comparisson to Britain and France was insignificant, there was Libia But oil had not been discovered yet.
- HOW DID SENATOR GIORGIO PISANO EXPLAIN ITALY’S ATTITUDE FOR CONQUEST? Mussolini needed raw material, mines, and also land for Italy’s increasing population they needed land for the people across the waters and that is why the wanted to conquer Abyssinia.
- WHAT IS ABYSSINIA TODAY? WHAT WAS THE SITUATION BY 1930? Abyssinia today is Ethiopia which at the moment was poor and it practised salvery.
- WHAT EXCUSE DID MUSSOLINI HAVE TO CONQUER ABYSSINIA? His excuse was that he needed territory to expand the empire
- WHAT WAS THE ROLE OF FRANCE AND GREAT BRITAIN IN ITALY’S INVASION? France by 1935 had already given consent but Britain remained ambiguous for months.
- WHAT EVIDENCE DOES MUSSOLINI’S DAUGHTER PROVIDE? Her daughter went to London. She asked if they would go tonwsr, they said no but that they would take actions.
- WHAT DID YOUNG SOLDIERS BELIEVE WAS THEIR DUTY TOWARDS ITALY? Young soldoers believed they should take part in the expansion to Ethiopia because they believed it was their mission to make italy a great Empire.
- WHAT WAS CONTROVERSIAL ABOUT THE USE OF POISON GAS BY THE ITALIANS? What was controversial was that 7 years before they had ratified in a convention that poison gas was uncivilized.
- WHAT DID THE LEAGUE DECIDE TO DO? HOW EFFECTIVE WERE THOSE MEASURES? The Leagues actions where to impose limited sanctions to Mussolini but nobody wanted military sanctions to make Italy withdraw. People in Italy felt hurt and considered the sanctions unfair and an obstacle in their rebuolding plans.
- HOW DID ORDINARY PEOPLE REACT TO TO SANCTIONS? Followers to the queen’s example handed their rings
In our language class, with Pilar, we created presantations in groups on a short story we had read “An astrologer’s Day”. I did this assignment whit Rosario Vago y Rosario Segura.
This was the PRESENTATION we created
En cívica, con Maria Laura, realizamos en grupos un trabajo de investigación y profundización sobre las fuentes de la Constitución. Esta consigna la hice con Margarita Muller, Rosario Segura y Rosario Segura.
La presentacion que creamos.